Jan 5, 2013

Hospital Bag Checklist


In a sturdy, roomy bag, you can pack the following.


1. Disposable Panties - I used my old and unwanted underwear and discard after use
2. Maternity Pads - for after birth Lochia or 'menses'
3. Pyjamas - 2 sets. Double this up as going home clothes. I wear zip-up sporty sweater and pants.
4. Large Jacket and Socks - to keep you warm in the freezing air-con room
5. Slippers - double this up as a going-home shoe or wear disposable slippers 
6. Toiletries shampoo, shower gel, facial wash, toothbrush/paste, lip balm, body/hand lotion, pimple cream, make up, sunblock, insect repellant, comb, hairclip/band etc
7. Towel - if you prefer to use your own
8. Tissue Paper and Wet Wipes 
9. Nursing Bra/Pads - for breastfeeding
10. Baby's Diapers and Going-home Clothes - just in case, although this is usually provided by hospital
11. Camera, Phone and Chargers
12. A Few Big Plastic Bags - to store used clothings/towels or to store things given by hospitals/visitors or even rubbish
13. Important Documents - Identity cards of both spouses, marriage certificate, doctor's/hospital/government documents, and phone list for confinement nanny, tingkat/meal delivery, massage lady, etc. As usual, I'll also bring a small notebook with a pen to list down the things that I need to do or buy.


Note: I wore old clothings to the hospital to give birth, so that I can chuck them after giving birth if they're soiled. And I brought some magazines and a book for leisure reading but they went home untouched. Instead, I pored over the mini guidebooks (I love this one) that is given to us packed within the complimentary hospital bag.

Other items in the bag include: product samples (nursing pad, newborn diapers, etc), brochures and catalogues of products or services you may need (nanny hiring, full-month celebrations, confinement tingkat or meal delivery, etc).


Have a wonderful home-going experience!