May 1, 2014

Outrageous Dreams Penned in my 20s

Today, I just want to share with you the outrageous list of things I had dreamed to do when I was younger (I wrote this list about 10 years ago!). Obviously, none of the dreams in this list came true. But, who knows? Maybe five years down the road I'll become one of the fastest woman racers like Danica Patrick, and will be whizzing about on the F1 race tracks!

Danica Patrick at a conference... imagine this is me! Hee...

Visualizing my own hands on the steering wheel! Haha! And yes! F1 Grand Prix was held in Singapore at the Marina bay as pictured here.

Okay! I know, this is a fat hope for me. I'm just daydreaming...

Anyway, do you share any of my dreams?


1. Be a racer at the F1 Grand Prix or a biker at a motorbike race.

2. To be part of an orchestra as a violinist playing Love's Theme (by Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra) at the Esplanade, Marina Bay. [Click here to listen to song. Btw, it's my all-time favourite. I can listen to this song back-to-back for hours :)]

3. To compete in the Blackpool Dance Festival as a professional ballroom dancer.

[source]


4. To be a host of an animal show on the Geographic Channel - in a South Africa safari no less!
Please imagine this is me again...thank you [source]

5. Write a book that helps people to fully utilise their brains as we emerge towards the Wisdom Age and be the best-selling book of all time! Note: But recently, I think we've already entered another era: The Health Age - an era where health in both mind and body has taken centre-stage.

6. Paint artworks that will become famous or phenomenal after I die - like Vincent Van Gogh.

For a start, let's compare my favourite artist's work (left) and my work (right).
Okay, I know, one looks like a million bucks and the other shouldn't cost more than a dollar.


7. Invent something that is essential for every household - like a bug prevention device that keeps all bugs at bay. Oh gosh! Someone did it! Thank god! I only knew this not long ago. In fact, they have been around for more than 20 years but gained popularity only recently. Read about how it works here.

8. Be one of Michael Jackson's dancer and backup singer in his MTV or concerts. This is definitely impossible now that he has passed away in the year 2009. RIP Mr. MJ.

I'm the one with the blue scarf [source]


9. Dive in the Pacific Ocean and discover a civilisation on the ocean floor that actually existed 5,000 years ago as an island.

Somehow, I managed to find three more friends who'll join me in the 
expedition. Turns out later, two of them were ousted as they were more
interested in taking underwater selfies. From the picture, you know who 
they are... Hint: The two showing the peace sign

10. To be a parachutist and make a jump during the National Day Parade landing on the Padang. I used to love the feeling of adrenaline rush and has this eagerness to go to the extremes - like how I want to reach to the highest point in the sky (by parachuting), the deepest point on earth (by diving) and the fastest speed I can attain (by racing). But now that I'm getting on in years, my weaker heart really can't take such thrills anymore. For now, I'm contented with my daily morning brisk walks!

Singapore's Red Lion descending at the Padang, NDP 2010 [source]

If you ask me now: No, I DO NOT dare to jump out (hides in shame)
[source]

11. Be part of the engineering team in the project of building the world's longest bridge.

World's longest suspension bridge, Japan [source]


So, how about you?

Do you have any outrageous dreams while you were younger?