Nov 19, 2015

The Importance Of Reading To Your Child

An endearing note from the National Library Board to share with parents of young children. Please read with love.



... Reading and listening to stories are immensely rewarding activities, both emotionally and intellectually.


When we read to our children, we are sending them a message of love:


"I love you and give you one of the most valuable gifts I have - my time and uncompromising attention. I want to make you happy and have the pleasure and joy of my companionship and love."


As our little ones sit on our laps and snuggle up to us, the physical closeness bonds us emotionally, allowing us to embrace the excitement of listening to a story and reading a book together. 




It does not matter whether you are reading from a book, a tablet or a wall poster, as long as you read it with all your heart and 100% attention.

My one-year-old botak. #TBT (A Throwback Thursday, may I?)